m&bss | pretty pastel pair

Casey is wearing: cotton circle skirt: 50s vintage | blue tshirt: Boden, thrifted | shoes: Rita pumps, Remix | belt: thrifted | bracelet: Forever 21
    Audrey Leigh is wearing: romper: vintage, thrifted | striped onesie: thrifted | headband: handmade

I keep meaning to capture outfits that are the super comfy ones: long jersey maxi skirts and the like. Something that is very postpartum friendly. But in the past week the vintage bug has bit hard, and I’ve been finding I can squeeze into some of my favorite vintage and retro pieces at last! (Well, sort of: a waist cincher has been helping with certain garments! lol.) So cue the pinup hairstyles, high waist skirts, fluffy petticoats and snazzy heels. Yes, I really did wear this for an entire day (in fact two; though not consecutive). Errands, playing on the floor with Audrey, cleaning, and a few baby messes. Dressing in a vintage or vintage inspired manner can be done when you’re a mama!

Thank you all so, so much for your comments on last week’s (lone! ;) ) post. I’ve not had a chance to respond to a couple questions, but I’ll try to later this week!

Find me here: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

June 5, 2013 · 31 lovely thoughts
posted in outfits + wardrobe · tags: , , ,

Reyna @ My Sewing Habit June 5, 2013 at 07:41

I’m a new follower and fellow new mom! My son just tuned 8 weeks. How old is your precious one? I also try to dress up my post baby body with vintage pieces, the bigger hips and chest help fill in for sure! Lol. I really love your outfit! Btw: I am trying to interact more with fellow sewers and vintage fashion lovers in the sewing community, I just started a sewing blog and would love it if you passed by, maybe followed if you liked and see my other pages. I’d really appreciate your time.
Until next time!
Reyna
My FB page for it is: FB.com/MySewingHabit
tweet @MySewingHabit.
Instagram and YouTube: @reynalay

Brigid June 5, 2013 at 07:48

Awww! Audrey is SO cute!!! And you look quite nice yourself Casey! I absolutely LOVE your outfit, and am so glad that you are able to get back into the vintage vibe!

Kathryn June 5, 2013 at 08:04

You look fabulous! I love this circle skirt, I remember it from seeingit on your blog last summer. Audrey is such a cutie too!

Charlotte Boyer June 5, 2013 at 08:16

You two have to be the best mom & daughter pair ever! Adorable!
I am so excited to see you dress up all pretty and vintage, even with a baby girl on your hands! Love it!

-Charlotte

Laura June 5, 2013 at 08:48

I love that you did up the front of your hair, letting the back be in natural waves. It probably makes things easier for you, while adds polish galore! No new mom ponytail for you! Of course, sweet Audrey is dressed to bring out the pink in the fab print of your skirt…

Tasha June 5, 2013 at 09:00

Love all the pastels, and Audrey looks so precious with you! I would imagine having to do mom-related things with a baby during the day might also be the perfect excuse to wear (or sew) super cute vintage aprons!

Madeleine June 5, 2013 at 09:02

Ha ha with the succession of the two first pictures, we wonder where you put Audrey….in the bag?! ha ha ha Love your hair ! Audrey is starting to grow some, also….

Melissa June 5, 2013 at 09:21

Adorable!

Lauren June 5, 2013 at 09:45

So cute, I love her little happy baby smile! Glad that you are able to start fitting into your gorgeous clothing again – you look amazing! Both of you do :)

Jessica June 5, 2013 at 10:13

That last photo of you two is just… perfect! You’re both beautiful!

Kelly June 5, 2013 at 10:37

You two are both so cute! I love the pastels.

Helen Mae June 5, 2013 at 12:20

What lovely photos, your daughter is so gorgeous :)

Jessica Cangiano June 5, 2013 at 13:16

Awww, my goodness, you two are so spectacularly cute! Wonderful outfits both, sweet ladies!

Chrissy June 5, 2013 at 13:29

You both look lovely. The little one is such a beautiful doll-baby!

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 15:46

Gosh, but you’re gorgeous!

Sarah June 5, 2013 at 17:16

you look good and so does your baby!

nancy June 5, 2013 at 17:18

she is the cutest little thing!!! Love your skirt and whatever you do don’t cut your hair!! its gorgeous. I love her name.

Dominique June 5, 2013 at 17:30

Love both of your outfits!!!!! :-)

Murielle Sey June 5, 2013 at 18:33

Loving both outfits and both models look beautiful. (Your hair is gorgeous!)
Such a pretty little onesie!

Renee June 5, 2013 at 19:02

Cute outfit. Baby is a doll. My grand is 7 weeks old. My daughter has been dressing her in some outfits her big sister wore 11 years ago. Could that be considered baby vintage?

You hair looks so pretty.

tanya hughes June 5, 2013 at 20:13

You and your baby are perfect!!!

alli June 5, 2013 at 21:32

You are looking amazing Casey! Such a gorgeous mumma! And how adorable is Audreys smile……SOOOOO cute!

Al June 5, 2013 at 22:28

What is the name/ brand of the diaper bag? Love it!

Rachel June 6, 2013 at 16:38

My favourite part of this outfit, is the ornament in your arms ;) She is awfully cute :)
You look great though- glad to see you can fit into some of your vintage clothes again!

Ronja June 7, 2013 at 00:25

I adore you both so much. I want a baby so bad now that I’m in my late 20′s.

But on a more accessable topic! How did you first start building your vintage wardrobe?
And your hair is always so cute. I can’t seem to make my finger work through them. A roll always looks absolutly messy and silly by the time I’m done and the darn thing won’t curl!

Lyric June 7, 2013 at 08:42

Awwww look at Audrey’s bright smile. That made my morning, Ms. Casey! I am so glad you are blogging these events. Smart, saavy, AND interesting: what a combination! One thing I like about your blog is how “bright”, sunshiney, happy it is. My blog is about grey hair (which immediately puts some in the mind of old folk as it is, LOL) but somehow I want to brighten it up as you have. Yes, the look of your blog inspires. I’ll figure it out for mine soon I am sure.

Thanks for being a force on the www, Ms. Casey.

youseef June 7, 2013 at 14:45

so nice

Libby June 7, 2013 at 18:28

How do you nurse in that?

Annie V. June 10, 2013 at 05:35

You are both pretty in your vintage outfits! ;) Audrey is lovely!

Victoria / Justice Pirate June 12, 2013 at 09:37

aww look at her sweet face! Yey for the cute vintage wear too!!
As for the “how do you nurse in that” comment. . .I guess they don’t realize that you can easily take the shirt out from being tucked and nurse that way. . .that’s what I did when I nursed my boys anyway.

andre June 28, 2013 at 11:05

Toller look….super outfit.(Toller Gockenrock)…dein baby ist süss..l.g