knitting | free 1920s baby knits pattern

It seems that everyone is having babies lately; there seems to be a case of Baby Fever these days. Which means that one is always in need of good baby gifts to whip up! I transcribed this 1925 baby knits pattern before Audrey made her debut, and I kind of wish I had knit it up for her. But I’m sure someone else will find it useful–for either someone they know or for their own tiny babe. The pattern includes three pieces: thumbless mitts, booties and a cozy bonnet. I hope you enjoy!

Download the free pattern here.

June 17, 2013 · 7 lovely thoughts
posted in knitting · tags: , , , ,

Rachel June 17, 2013 at 07:27

These are lovely! Of course, I don’t know anyone having a baby right now… typical ;)
Thanks for sharing!

Kelly June 17, 2013 at 09:56

Thank you for sharing this! I just had a spate of baby showers, but no more for the foreseeable future. The babies just keep coming, though, so I’m sure I’ll have opportunity to knit something surprisingly tiny before I know it!

Katherine June 17, 2013 at 17:13

Super cute! Just in time for a nice home-knit gift for my friend at work, she loves anything old fashioned!!

Lauren June 17, 2013 at 19:57

Thank you Casey! Those patterns are so cute. I will definitely be knitting the mittens and booties for my baby girl who is due in September.

Jessica Cangiano June 18, 2013 at 05:47

Such a sweetly timeless set! I too have noticed that it seems like a ton of folks are having babies this spring/summer – I wonder if class sizes are going to be especially big in five-six years time from now? :)

Alli June 18, 2013 at 06:22

Sooooo cute. No more bubbies for me (I’m happy with my two boys :) ), but I’m sure all of you new mums (and mums to be) will have fun knitting these :)

Penelope Morgan June 27, 2013 at 11:42

I totally agree! Babies are EVERYWHERE. You just read my mind because I blogged about that today too. I personally am obsessed with the idea of having twins. Didn’t think about how that would affect my knitting load though.