happy valentine’s day!

Whatever your feelings about this holiday, I couldn’t resist sharing a few darling vintage Valentines from my collection with you! Wishing you all the sweetest things today!

I’m still alive and kicking–and working through these last weeks of pregnancy (five weeks to go!), taking care of things that need to be done before Miss Blueberry arrives. The nesting instinct has hit with a vengeance, and it’s meant you can find me up and about at all hours tinkering, organizing and cleaning. It’s more than a little disconcerting how much energy I have at the moment (I know–enjoy it now!). But that means Miss Blueberry’s nursery is nearly finished (finally!), and the last touches on a few outfits I’ve been sewing for her are being made. Not to mention the house is getting cleaned and reorganized from top to bottom–which is never a bad thing when you’re a bit of a pack rat like me. hehe!

February 14, 2013 · 18 lovely thoughts
posted in holidays ·

Diane @ Vintage Zest February 14, 2013 at 06:16

Super adorable Valentines Day cards! I can’t believe you’re organizing, cleaning, and sewing while I would probably be sitting around watching TV all day. That’s awesome that you’re able to capitalize on the excess energy you have, and somehow at 35 weeks!

Juliette February 14, 2013 at 06:28

It’s always nice to hear from you! Hope you’re doing OK!

Liana February 14, 2013 at 06:51

Dear Elegant Musings, I’m really appreciated the fun you brought to us by the Beautiful Vintage things you shared. It means a lot to me. Wish all the best to your family. Good Luck

Ami February 14, 2013 at 07:25

Aw CUTE cards Casey- thanks for sharing!! Hope the last few weeks of your pregnancy treat you well! Such exciting times!! :o

maddie February 14, 2013 at 08:03

Happy Valentine’s Day to you. I’m exciting for you and the arrival of Miss Blueberry :)

Tasha February 14, 2013 at 09:12

Happy Valentine’s Day, Casey! Just think, this time next year you’ll be celebrating Miss Blueberry’s first one. :)

Jessica Cangiano February 14, 2013 at 10:20

What a darling card! Thank you very much for the lovely Valentine’s Day wishes, sweet Casey.

Sending tons of hugs & the sweetest of wishes your way,

Debi February 14, 2013 at 14:53

Happy Valentine’s Day my dear! Wow! Not long to go now!!! I am super excited! And I can’t wait to see the cute little outfits you’ve been sewing!!

Deanna February 14, 2013 at 15:30

These are so cute! I miss the really cute cards of all types that we used to have when I was little. That’s awesome that you’re getting so much done. You can relax and wait for Miss Blueberry when it’s all finished, right. ;-)

Alli February 15, 2013 at 01:29

Wowsa Casey!!!! 5 weeks till you become a mummy! That feels like it has flown. I hope you are feeling well and are trying to get as much rest as you can. Funny when the nesting instinct kicks in, isn’t it? I went crazy cleaning and rearranging the house when I was pregnant too, lol. Bet you and all the family are getting really excited! Good luck gorgeous…..you’re on the home stretch now! Yay! Big hugs xxoo

Shelly February 15, 2013 at 05:42

These are so cute! Happy valentines Casey. I can’t believe your time is nearly here. I feel like an anxious parent – oh, that’s right, I am, just not yours. hehe :) I hope everything goes well for you in these last few weeks and I can’t wait to see the little outfits you’ve been making.

Elora February 15, 2013 at 07:57

That is so cute! I bet you’re having so much fun. I’m so happy for you!! ;D

Leslie February 15, 2013 at 14:13

Thanks for the update! I’m so excited for you!

Renee February 15, 2013 at 21:48

Happy Valentine’s to you, too. I love vintage Valentines.

You sound like my daughter, she has been busy working on the nursery. We have been busy buying furniture for the baby’s room and I’m making some things :)

Giusy February 17, 2013 at 02:11

Go Casey go!! it will be hard at first, anyone tells you how much energy a newborn suck, so take those 5 weeks to relax and rest, this is the last chance to do it in a bunch of years! If it sound a bit rude, but isn’t. xoxo from a mom of a 3 yo little boy.

Mugsy February 19, 2013 at 13:38

Woo hoo, you go girl! *lol* May your firstborn be an easy go of it, my dear – and may you and hubby have an amazing time seeing the world through the eyes of Miss Blueberry! :)

Shelley February 19, 2013 at 17:01

gosh, that’s gone quick! it seems like only yesterday when you made the announcement :) enjoy the last few weeks, you’ll miss the bump when its gone, it’s so strange. I recommend you get as much sleep as you can before she arrives – people said that to me and i didn’t take heed, but i deeply regretted it for the following 5 months… lol. Looking forward to a couple of final bump pictures before Blueberry arrives! x

Christina February 20, 2013 at 05:36

Awesome. I would love to see nursery pictures. Is it done in a vintage style?