outfit: snow days and pin ups

sweater: hand-me-down | tank top: NEX | jeans: Motherhood Maternity | belt: thrifted | necklace: vintage (really a bracelet!) | scarf: vintage | shoes: Blowfish

My tongue-in-cheek nod to pin up poses! lol. Hey–got to have fun and a little laugh at myself since I am starting to feel more like Humpty Dumpty these days and less like my old self. hehe! I wore this over the weekend, right as they were predicting snow for the region. Something warm and cozy to curl up under a blanket with, but also presentable enough to go out (which I had to do). Lots of knits these days–which is weird considering how much I used to eschew knits and elastic! I have changed my tune quite a bit. hehe!

I really love how easy this scarf ‘do is; I think it’s going to become one of the ones I work on getting down to second nature over the coming weeks so I can use it to cover up when I haven’t been able to wash my hair for days once Miss Blueberry arrives! It’s better than a ponytail every day, which often just gives me a headache since my hair is so long and thick…

The baby shower my sister is sweetly throwing for me is coming up soon! I am getting so excited… Partly because this means the baby’s arrival is drawing closer, and my sister chose an Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter tea party theme for the event! I’ll be sure to take loads of pictures to share with y’all! (Especially as a lot of the decorations are very DIY-friendly.)

January 31, 2013 · 38 lovely thoughts
posted in baby diary · tags: , , ,

leslie January 31, 2013 at 09:03

Hi Casey, I’m not sure how you are feeling but you are a beautiful and adorable pregnant lady! I just read about your baby shower. I did decorations for a co-workers bridal shower and the theme for the shower and the wedding was Alice in Wonderland. Feel free to pass along my address if she’s looking for ideas!

stacie herndon kimrey January 31, 2013 at 09:04

Casey, this is so cute! I would love to see how you tied the scarf!

Joen January 31, 2013 at 09:35

You look adorable! Miss Blueberry will be here before you know it! Have fun at your shower, looking forward to the pictures!

Diane @ Vintage Zest January 31, 2013 at 10:00

I love that you’re already playing peekabo with the little one. :)

Excited for the baby shower party now that I know the theme! Do you know what you’ll be wearing?

Diane @ Vintage Zest January 31, 2013 at 10:00

Oops, peekaboo not peekabo!

Shelley January 31, 2013 at 10:02

i LOVE the scarf – wish i looked this stylish when i was pregnant – everything seemed to look like a tent on me!
Not long now…! x

Aarika January 31, 2013 at 10:04

Casey, I am blown away by how fabulous you are! Toward the end of my pregnancies, I could barely even fit into sweatpants and my hubby’s giant tee-shirts! You are an absolute doll!! :)

Tessa Mahlow January 31, 2013 at 10:11

Look darling as always! Please, please post those pictures after the shower. I may be throwing my sister an Alice party for her graduation in May!

Tilly January 31, 2013 at 10:31

You look beautiful, Casey. Enjoy the shower! x

Marie January 31, 2013 at 10:59

You looks adorable as always Casey…can’t wait to see pictures of the baby shower!

Elle January 31, 2013 at 10:59

You look gorgeous Casey! I adore your “scarf ‘do” and I think I may have to give it a try. Enjoy the shower, I can’t wait to see the photos!

Rachel January 31, 2013 at 12:28

Love your outfit! Love this tag too! I did the tag over on my blog Buckles, Buttons and Baking, because I currently can’t do videos. I’d love to get your opinion of my answers though! Here’s the link, http://fashionablebaking.blogspot.com/ Blessings to you,
Rachel

P.S. I tried to post the comment on your youtube account, but it kept saying error.

Miss Crayola Creepy January 31, 2013 at 12:33

I’m also al about scarves in my hair! It’s such an easy way to dress up an outfit :)

Catherine January 31, 2013 at 14:55

Adorable! Can we beg for a scarf-do tutorial? Enjoy your shower, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Rochelle New January 31, 2013 at 15:20

Lookin’ good, Mama! You’re really rocking this pregnancy out of the park with all your amazing outfits! <3

Deanna January 31, 2013 at 16:25

These pictures are so cute! You always look so stylish. Hope you’re baby shower is lots of fun.

Jamie "ChatterBlossom" January 31, 2013 at 18:04

I really love your scarf! And it is so hilarious that you are flashing your baby belly pin up style! haha! ;-)
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Elora January 31, 2013 at 20:05

I’m amazed at how well you’re able to put together such lovely maternity outfits that look so stylish! You’d make a big buck becoming a personal fashion consultant! I’m so happy for you, about the little Miss Blueberry. What a cutsie love name!

Deborah January 31, 2013 at 20:20

Your hairdo is very smart and looks simple enough to achieve – is that a sock bun I see? I absolutely adore the necklace in these photos!

Deborah
Hellcat Vintage

Betty February 1, 2013 at 04:36

You look amazing!

Jolleen February 1, 2013 at 08:27

What a cute idea for your baby shower! Can’t wait to see pictures!
Jolleen

Jessica Cangiano February 1, 2013 at 09:02

I adore how much fun you were having in these shots! I bet wee little blueberry can pick up on your feel-good vibes and loves knowing her mommy is such a cheerful person.

Wishing you a fantastic February, sweet gal!

Maggie February 1, 2013 at 09:26

You look so adorable! And I love the scarf look. Is it just tied in a knot on top? Have a lovely shower!

Mugsy February 1, 2013 at 13:32

Long time since I’ve been here, but…you look fabulous!! Just FABULOUS! And you’re having a girl?? Squeee! Parents and in-laws must be almost salivating at the chance to spoil that little one silly! S.H. must be dying to get that first look at his newborn daughter, too.

SO happy for you…wishing you all the best, dahlink!

Love,
Mugsy

JackieB February 1, 2013 at 17:11

Love the hair do! I am always looking for simple do’s since I don’t have much time to spend on me with all my kiddos (&nieces & nephews) running around. Is it just a bun in back?

Ashley February 2, 2013 at 00:25

How is it that you manage to look so chic so close to your due date? Love the scarf! Have a fabulous baby shower :)

Katarina February 2, 2013 at 16:30

Caseyyy, I haven’t seen your blog (or any other for that matter) in quite a while, so this comes a bit late, but – congratulations!! you look beatiful:) best of luck!

Pansy Lane February 4, 2013 at 08:29

Yay baby shower!! The theme sounds awesome, I can’t wait to see pics! :)

Sue February 6, 2013 at 01:46

Lovely!! And I can’t wait to see your shower pictures!

mal February 7, 2013 at 09:16

You always have the cutest outfits. The background in your pictures always look cute too. Do you plan on doing a room/house tour anytime? Love your style.

Victoria / Justice Pirate February 8, 2013 at 07:53

I am glad that you know about your baby shower. I am not fond of surprises though (and my mom sent me an invite to my baby shower, since she knows I hate them). You look so pretty and skinny not humpty dumpty looking at all. So lovely. You’re adorable!!! I miss talking to you.

Sarah February 10, 2013 at 00:02

Casey, you look adorable! Way cuter than the 3 times I was pregnant. Your skin is positively glowing. Miss Blueberry is sure lucky to have you as her mom and future wardrobe stylist. Enjoy your pregnancy. And the shower! Creative theme. :)

Sarah

Lainie February 11, 2013 at 13:58

You are so cute, and really look adorable as a pregnant lady!

Melanie February 11, 2013 at 23:35

You’re looking so gorgeous here! And for hair, dry shampoo! It’s my best friend on lazy mornings.

Jodi Wade February 13, 2013 at 03:38

Wow, it is much longer since I last checked out your blog than I thought. Congrats on the pregnancy! You look wonderful!

Kristin February 13, 2013 at 18:41

Aw, those last few weeks can be so rough. I just had my fifth baby last year and the average spacing for my kids is 23 months from birth to birth, so I’ve spent mucho amounts of time pregnant over the past decade and can certainly comiserate. You look absolutely fantastic, though! Any pregnant gal would be thrilled to look as adorable as you!

Dominique February 13, 2013 at 22:41

Love your hair! (MAYBE when things get less hectic you could make a tutorial)! Miss Blueberry’s baby shower sounds lovely, make sure to take lots of pictures:-) Blessings! <3

Iris @ The Blue Birdhouse April 13, 2013 at 05:47

Found your blog through Bramblewood fashion and love your maternity style….your just to cute. Love the pretty vintage vibe your doing/did.

Congratulations on the Baby!

Iris♥