outfit: jitterbug baby

cardigan: thrifted, refashioned | shirt: Target | jeans: Motherhood Maternity | shoes: Blowfish | scarf & belt: thrifted | anchor pin: made by me

Where to begin? Frankly, there is too much in the past three weeks to condense succinctly into a blog post, nor do I want to rehash everything that has gone on. Suffice to say there have been some lovely moments (Miss Blueberry’s kicks growing more energetic and even visible at times; SH coming home after weeks away, hosting Thanksgiving for a handful of sailors), and some moments that made me want to scream and cry all at once (pregnancy hormones seem to exacerbate stressful things…). I’ve been busy with a few creative things in the background, and I want to share all the baby knitting I’ve done over the course of the month with you! Let’s not forget Christmas either; my favorite time of year! I have a post in the works on some decorating things I’ve done around here, as well as my annual cookie baking. But first I wanted to show y’all how big this bump is getting! hehe!

Some days I’m a bit sad I can’t wear my favorite vintage dresses and skirts right now, but on the whole I’m fairly satisfied with the maternity wardrobe I’ve been piecing together and how I’m crafting outfits around my new figure. Accessories have become a big part of my daily dressing, and scarves have been in heavy rotation! I was so excited when I saw Tasha’s tutorial on how to create a backroll ‘do using a scarf (if you haven’t checked it out yet, you must!), because it just gives me another excuse to wear one of my colorful squares. It’s so easy and works well with my long, thick hair–a style I hope to keep in my hip pocket for those post-birth days I need to just get my locks out of the way!

I hope y’all have each had a lovely November! (And my American readers had a great Thanksgiving last week!) I shall be back shortly with some knitting updates!

Hello in there! Anybody home?

November 28, 2012 · 65 lovely thoughts
posted in outfits + wardrobe · tags: , , ,

Catherine Shu November 28, 2012 at 06:43

You look adorable as usual and I hope your Christmas prep goes swimmingly. I love the last photo!

Anna | Mormor hade stil November 28, 2012 at 06:47

You are so cute with the bump!

Sew Little Time November 28, 2012 at 06:53

aaww, you look so lovely and stylish! and great bump!

Megan November 28, 2012 at 06:53

Casey, you look absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you and your little family have a wonderful rest of the holiday season, and I can’t wait to keep seeing all the updates! x

marie November 28, 2012 at 06:53

You look beautiful Casey! You should take more maternity outfit pictures! xx

Casey November 28, 2012 at 07:34

I honestly keep meaning to–and then forget! hehe Blame it on the baby brain. ;)

Allynara November 28, 2012 at 06:58

You look very beautiful! The pregnancy definatly suits you. And what a nice outfit :D You could rock it post-pregnancy too!

Rose November 28, 2012 at 07:05

Ha! I just did a post on this hairstyle after seeing Tasha’s, too! You did a much neater job than I did. But, it’s something I can see myself wearing a lot since it’s simple, comfy, and cute :)

Casey November 28, 2012 at 07:36

I am honestly surprised that it turned out this neat on my first try! hehe! Usually I’m all thumbs (and my hair is uncooperative). ;) But I agree: it is such a comfortable hairstyle! I almost went to sleep with my hair still up. hehe!

Iris @ theyummyblogsisters November 28, 2012 at 07:21

you look so lovely!

Amy November 28, 2012 at 07:45

Adorable…so sweet Casey! Happy Holidays! :)

Kat November 28, 2012 at 08:55

I am so jealous of your cute maternity out fits! I was so tired by that point that any old shirt and jeans that happen to ft that day was an outfit.

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:05

Believe me–there are days I just wear a knit maternity tshirt, jersey maxi skirt and a scarf round my neck! hehe! ;) I call that my “pregnant, modern hippie” look. haha!

Molly November 28, 2012 at 09:16

Love the outfit and the hair! You look adorable. Hope you are continuing to feel well. I wish I had been able to pull off a retro style while I was pregnant.

Renee November 28, 2012 at 09:40

You look so cute. Cute outfit.

Looking forward to pictures of your projects.

Must be hard dealing with everything on your own while SH is away. Glad he’s back. When hubby and I first got married he was still in the Army, he was invited home with someone for Thanksgiving dinner, that meant a lot to a man far from home. Sweet you cooked for others away from home.

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:06

I can’t begin to describe how blessed I felt that we were able to open up our home and prepare dinner for the seamen that came over! They all had been living in barracks or other military accommodations for months (most were new sailors–not too long out of bootcamp!), and eating mess hall food. So it felt really special that I was able to give them a good, homecooked meal! (Plus it felt like I had a houseful of brothers for an evening! There were a lot of laughs… hehe!)

Michelle @ needle and nest November 28, 2012 at 09:40

Casey, you look so pretty and happy! I’m glad you’re enjoying your pregnancy. Be sure to make time to relax and rest before the baby comes! My baby arrived about a week and a half ago and we’re all enjoying our new little sweetie-pie (another girl!). You’re going to love it!!!

I love that hair style and will definitely have to give it a try!

xoxo

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:39

I keep trying to tell myself to slow down! hehe! Just doesn’t seem to be happening these days with Christmas on the horizon. I’ll be at my third trimester by New Years, and I suspect (from what I’ve heard! ;) ), I may get that tired feeling all over again and be forced to slow down! hehe!

Michelle @ needle and nest November 28, 2012 at 20:12

Yes, you’ll be tired but then you’ll have these crazy, productive periods too. This time around (baby #3), I alternated between falling asleep on the couch after my older two went to bed and other nights when I sewed all evening long. I got so much done at the very end! Your comment about not being able to slow down made me laugh because by the very end I couldn’t stop doing things… cleaning, sewing, cooking… it was a crazy compulsion! And then she arrived in a flash… at home, in less than 25 minutes, in the garage! A fitting end to my pregnancy, I suppose, considering how super productive I was in those last few weeks. LOL

Now that the baby is here, of course, I’m forced to slow down a lot. But it’s a good thing. :) I can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on – take advantage of any burst of energy and listen to your body when it tells you to rest. You’ll have plenty of both in the coming months!

xoxo

didyoumakethat November 28, 2012 at 09:43

So sweet my teeth hurt! You’re looking absolutely gorgeous.

Olivia November 28, 2012 at 09:49

What a great outfit! I love how you did your hair to.

Lauren November 28, 2012 at 09:59

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever. Have I already told you that? It could stand to be repeated a few hundred times! :)

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:40

You know, a lady (pregnant or not! ;) ), never tires of hearing that!!! :D

Thanks, doll!!!

Tammy / Ms.Tips November 28, 2012 at 10:21

You have the cutest baby bump ever!! Can’t wait to meet this little girl:)

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:40

You and me both! ;) I keep wondering what she’s going to look like–more like me or SH? Or some mashup between the two? hehe!

Kim November 28, 2012 at 12:07

Your outfit is adorable. I’m not even pregnant and I don’t think that I could pull off horizontal stripes or skinny jeans!

Casey November 28, 2012 at 13:41

Normally I wouldn’t either–I think being round has just made me forget all my usual hangups. hehe! ;)

maddie November 28, 2012 at 12:24

You look great and I’m glad you’re showing off that baby bump rather than hiding it!

Franca November 28, 2012 at 12:29

Your bump is super cute! I miss that stage so much now, I’m almost 37 weeks and feeling like an elephant!

Elke November 28, 2012 at 13:02

you look amazing! I love the way you keep wearing regular clothes and don’t live in maternity wear. You are a beautiful woman!
I did the same… And really streched some of my best tops and sweaters :-) I kept one, and everytime I see the round strechmarks, I smile…
I had to renew my wardrobe after the last pregnancy:-)

Kelli November 28, 2012 at 13:23

You look fabulous!!!

Rochelle New November 28, 2012 at 13:34

Gorgeous!!

Jessica November 28, 2012 at 14:20

Adorable outfit, adorable post title, and most definitely and adorable mamma-to-be! You’re the picture of pregnancy prettiness, dear Casey.

Jessica November 28, 2012 at 14:21

*an adorable* tiny typo there, sorry, hon. :)

Katrina @ Edelweiss Patterns November 28, 2012 at 15:29

Oh, this is so cute! You look just as pretty pregnant as you did before you were pregnant! And you’re doing a great job of staying “in shape” despite being so far along. Happy late Thanksgiving!

Dominique November 28, 2012 at 15:44

LOVE this outfit!:) and just love your hair!(maybe for a future video you can do a how to video!) :)

Laura S. November 28, 2012 at 15:58

You look so cute! I enjoy your maternity style series. With each of my previous two pregnancies, I’ve generally felt like a frump most of the time. It’s so hard to find stylish maternity clothes. Do you plan on doing any maternity sewing? (I have a vintage ’40s maternity pattern that makes me think of you, although it seems like vintage maternity wear was kinda sack-like.)

Casey November 29, 2012 at 17:20

Thank you!!! :) I have been hoping to have time to do some maternity sewing, but with everything that has been going on lately (and now Christmas! ;) ), I’m not sure how much I’m going to get done beyond some refashions and probably a maternity tshirt or two! :) (I altered a pattern earlier this month, so I just need to cut it out and get it sewn! hehe.) I’m a little sad I haven’t been able to sew as much as I envisioned, but oh well! ;) hehe.

Tasha November 28, 2012 at 16:01

Oh Casey that looks adorable on you, so glad your hair wasn’t too long after all! And the entire outfit is perfect. Such a cute mama-to-be outfit. :) Looking forward to seeing more about the bambina knitting!

Casey November 29, 2012 at 17:21

Thanks again for sharing that fantastic tutorial, Tasha! :)

Joen November 28, 2012 at 16:30

what a great maternity look! you look fabulous!

Lynn Marie November 28, 2012 at 16:44

You are ADORABLE!

Murielle November 28, 2012 at 18:49

You look so put-together! Love the look and the adorable bump. Can’t wait to see your knitting.

Jennie November 29, 2012 at 02:32

Casey, you have to be THE cutest pregnant mama ever! You really have mastered the retro glamour, and you just shine. Happy Holidays (and I really will get that sew-a-long on my site here SOON!).

Casey November 29, 2012 at 17:22

Thanks so much for stopping by, Jennie! :D Happy Holidays to you too!

Galatina November 29, 2012 at 03:31

You look great. Look forward to hearing more updates soon. x

Alli November 29, 2012 at 05:10

Oh my gosh Casey…..how cute are you?!?!!?
Cutest mummy ever! Wish I’d looked that amazing when I was pregnant (all I looked was tired and sick lol ;) )

Michelle Brunt November 29, 2012 at 09:54

Hi Casey, I have just come accross your lovely blog and it’s a pleasure to read! Your pregnancy outfits are so gorgeous! I love the way you have styled your hair too!
I live in Australia and I really like hearing about how people live around the world! Hope you will still have time to continue your blog once your baby is born!

Bye Michelle

Deanna November 29, 2012 at 15:26

Glad you’re back. I’ve been wondering how you were. You look so cute! Are you thinking about awesome mother/daughter outfits for the future? I think it’s totally time for them to make a comeback.

I spent several years as a military wife, and it’s SO nice to spend holidays with someone at their home, instead of stuck on base, or by yourself. Just out of bootcamp, and probably far from home for the first time for some of them, I’m sure it was really appreciated.

I really admire you for getting through pregnancy on top of all the usual hassles (and loneliness) that typically happen while your spouse is gone. It seems to be some kind of law that things will break or otherwise go wrong if you have to deal with them by yourself. ;-)

Casey November 29, 2012 at 17:24

Funny you should mention things going wrong… lol. I feel like we got a whopper of a month with just crazy, wacky things that went wrong! lol. (Although I have to say, being a military wife and having to deal with a lot of it solo, it’s hugely character building. haha!) *sigh* As frustrating as it’s been, it’s also kind of humorous. lol.

Deanna November 30, 2012 at 18:18

Ha, ha! Yeah, it does end up being funny at a certain point. There was a period of time when I felt a little off if something *didn’t* go wrong that day. :-D My husband was gone on an unaccompanied “short” tour, which is a euphemism, if I ever heard one. :-) (It was for a year. ) And I was packing up our house and preparing to move out of state. I’m sure your familiar with all that.

For future deployments, I don’t know if the Navy has a Family Support Center, but a similar group can be a big help, or at the very least, a mood booster. But having said that, friends from church were the biggest help for me.

So glad for you that your hubby is back. :-)

Tilly November 29, 2012 at 16:41

Oh Casey, you look absolutely adorable! x

Helen November 29, 2012 at 17:16

Hehe I love the photo of you pointing at bump, so cute! Looks like pregnancy is treating you well.

Victoria / Justice Pirate November 29, 2012 at 20:01

You are adorable!!! I love your sweetheart of a belly!!!

Viola November 29, 2012 at 20:50

You are so cute! I can’t wait to see your baby knitting!

Pansy Lane November 30, 2012 at 10:47

AHHH SO CUTE! I love your hair and basically everything about this outfit. I can’t believe you’re this far along already!

Rebecca Jean December 2, 2012 at 17:11

Oh my goodness! The first thing I said when you popped up on my screen was, “Oh my gosh, the blueberry bump is getting so big!” You look adorable.

I’m looking forward to trying Tasha’s tutorial too. I might actually get some more use out of my scarf collection.

Cheers, momma!

Jene' December 3, 2012 at 11:36

You look gorgeous, as always!

Helen Made December 4, 2012 at 13:34

Oh love this outfit – it looks very comfy yet stylish – just what you need I’m guessing! I am totally going to have to give that head scarf roll a go – It looks great!

ConstantlyAlice December 4, 2012 at 14:55

Cute overload! You look so darn adorable <3 Hope you're feeling well!

audrey December 5, 2012 at 15:52

You look so cute, pregnancy really suits you!
Love the hair, you still have a vintage look. Hope to see more pregnancy pics and in the future maybe some mother-daughter pics?

Manor House Designs December 6, 2012 at 13:29

WOW outfit! Very nice.

Belle Blossoms December 6, 2012 at 18:27

Casey, you are just a doll!

thisblogisnotforyou December 8, 2012 at 18:26

wow, such a cute maternity look. You totally rock the outfit!