inspiration + weekly snippets

06.24.12 | weekly inspiration

• I love these suggestions for fancy ice cubes. I need to make a tray of coffee ones for my afternoon cup o’ Joe!
  • I may not be pregnant, but I’ve pretty much wanted to copy every maternity outfit Mandi has posted…
  • Portia shares some helpful tips on refashioning trousers.
  • An interesting discussion on Charlotte’s blog about the narrow definition of “vintage” in popular media that seems to have cropped up.
  • Lauren shared some scans of gorgeous summer shoes from 1938!
  • Make a cute summer accessory: a hairbow made with a scrap of vintage fabric.
  • Peter shared some tips on how he makes the waistbands on pants.

Whew! I hope y’all are staying cool if it’s summertime where you are! It’s been a hot week, and even after enduring three Gulf Coast summers, I’m still feeling a little wiped by the weather (and this week in general–it’s been one of those weeks both SH and I are glad is over!). But happily I have my 40s playsuit to wear–so I can stay cool. hehe!

I want to note really quickly that I’ve been getting a lot of emails about images being down on specific posts. My apologies: I had a bunch of images hosted elsewhere and my “pro account” has lapsed and I decided not to renew. But the process of moving and changing the url’s on all the images is taking time! I’ve gone through and redone the one that was most pressing: the circle skirt sew-along. But other posts may take a bit longer. Thank you for letting me know of the missing images and your patience!

Another thing you may have noticed lately is that I’ve been skipping posting on Wednesdays. My old schedule was Monday, Wednesday, Friday (and Sunday for links)–nice and evenly spread across the week. But lately my personal schedule midweek has gotten a bit more crowded, so I’ve decided to move things around a bit and testing a new posting goal: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday. Hopefully this will work a bit better for me and not leave me scrambling to get posts formatted!

Have a lovely rest of your weekend, friends!

June 24, 2012 · 8 lovely thoughts
posted in links ·

Stina June 24, 2012 at 07:55

Thanks for the missing pictures on circle skirt sew-along!

Jessica June 24, 2012 at 09:36

Another thoroughly wonderful roundup of images (those cheerful shades of pink and peach are so me! :) ), dear gal. I tend to try and post four times a week, too, when possible (well, at least that’s been the plan this year), and look forward to seeing your posts appear on their slightly altered new schedule.

Tons of hugs & joyful Sunday wishes,

Portia June 24, 2012 at 12:24

Hey Casey, thanks for the linky love :) That doggy is just tooo dang cute!
Px

maddie June 24, 2012 at 18:28

Thanks for all the awesome links! I’m also a fan and follower of Mandi and just like you, I’m loving her maternity style. Isn’t she lovely?

P.S. I am loving your grading series! Super informative!

StephC June 24, 2012 at 21:37

Great post at Tuppence Ha’Penny….

Good luck on the scheduling shift! I’m trying to get my scheduling under control, too… Right now I’m doing “two on, one off” and it seems to work better for me than trying to assign specific days… Whatever works, right?

Jamie June 25, 2012 at 09:58

Thanks for sharing these great links! I just started a new blog and made my first post yesterday. I’m also trying to decide on a posting schedule (especially one that I can maintain throughout the school year; I’m a high school teacher). Any advice? What do you think should be the minimum number of posts per week?

Peter June 25, 2012 at 16:03

Thanks for the link, Casey! Must. Buy. Peaches! ;)

Jennifer Blair July 29, 2012 at 11:53

I always make coffee ice cubes with leftover coffee because I just hate to waste it and pour it down the sink ^^