weekly visual moodboard | be sure to click on the image to view picture sources.
- Ever want to try hemstitching? There is a great tutorial from the Coletterie blog.
- A lovely example of a WWII era dress sporting a propaganda print.
- I’m really quite happy it’s summer right now (all my favorite sundresses can be worn!), but this cute outfit with it’s autumny colors and cape is making me wish just a tiny bit it were fall!
- I love this collection of 1940s summer snapshots. So many gorgeous vintage looks to inspire this summer!
- Faced with rain? Take some inspiration on classy vintage rainwear looks over at Couture Allure.
weekly Instagram photos (my username is “elegantmusings”).
Hello, friends! Seems I disappeared again toward the end of the week, eh? Right smack in the middle of the week I developed some weird ailment, that while it didn’t have me totally down, meant I had to take a trip to the doctor’s (not my favorite thing to do) and found myself really sleepy for a few days. I seem to be on the mend though from this Mystery Illness (yay!)–just in time for the weekend and spending some time with SH at some local events, soaking up the sunshine.
I want to say a big thank you regarding your enthusiastic response to the launch of the Pattern Grading 101 series! I am so excited many of you are curious about this and are eager to learn more. The first technical post won’t be up until next week, but I can’ wait to share some of the tips and tricks I’ve picked up over the years. I think LBC put it best about how pattern grading can revolutionize your sewing toolkit: “. I don’t want to sound hyperbolic, but it has honestly been one of the most empowering things I’ve learned in the past . . . I don’t know how long.” I was fortunate enough to learn about grading just as I was beginning to seriously sew with vintage patterns (about age 17/18), and it opened my world to a lot of new possibilities as I was no longer tied to the numbers on the pattern envelope! Which might be a bad thing considering how many vintage patterns I have… *ahem*
Enough rambling about pattern grading… I have a feeling that I shall do plenty of that in the next month over the course of the series! Hope y’all are having a lovely, sun-filled weekend!