weekly visual moodboard | be sure to click on the image to view picture sources.
Thank you all so much for your wise, encouraging and idea-filled comments on my Wednesday post about decorating in a temporary space. It was so refreshing to know that others feel similarly, and had some great suggestions for me on nesting and making this place even more home like. I started to do a few more things around here, and am itching to get started on those pillow recovers (temporarily halted due to a problem of materials–the fabric I thought would work isn’t! Boo!). But some more artwork has been hung, The Fish found a new home above the tv, and the living room is actually starting to look like it has a bit more in tune with our personalities (and therefore, more home-like!).
- I love this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess on making your own ascot bow top–clever!
- I drooled over some of the hats in this post of 40s inspiration on Stephanie’s blog.
- Funnily enough, I had just been mulling over how to DIY a hanging map and a tutorial popped up on my feed reader!
- I love all these vintage kitchen images! The color schemes are fantastic.
- As summertime is nearly upon some of us, here are some tricks and tips for working with linen.
Have a lovely rest of your weekend!