weekly inspiration

04.01.12 | weekly inspiration

weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view image sources.

Happy first day of April, friends! Despite the teasingly warm weather earlier this week, it’s characteristically cool and damp today. Which means all I want to do is curl up in a nice, cozy chair and sew! Which I shall be doing once this post is up… The Edwardian dinner I’m attending is next weekend, which means I’ve got to wrap up this project soon! (It’s coming along nicely, and hopefully I shall have an update for you all around midweek with some pretty pictures).

• These three frosting recipes (perfect for cupcakes!) look easy and yummy.
  • Ashley shared some wonderful 1960s fashion and beauty inspiration this week.
  • I already have a jewelry organizer made with an old picture frame, but I think I love this one made from an old window more!
  • Gala brought up some good points on keeping yourself and your whereabouts safe online.
  • A series of excellent Bakelite posts from Solanah: history and identification and how to polish.
  • Cassie shared a scan of a fun page of 40s scarves-into-blouses how to’s, as well as her result of trying one!
  • Continuing in the Bakelite vein, Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage has another great post on the retro plastic.

Hope you enjoy browsing through the links this week. It was hard to narrow them down to just a few–so many great how to’s and posts to ponder on!

April 1, 2012 · 6 lovely thoughts
posted in links · tags:

StephC April 1, 2012 at 06:39

Oh! I love the old maps on the walls! I do that, too, ever since I was a little kid. It feels really homey to me. :)

Cassie Stephens April 2, 2012 at 08:42

Casey — Love these inspirations…and thank you so much for the mention! It certainly has brought some viewers to my wee little blog. I tried to message you the other day about possibly helping me with some header designs…but I think I may have been sent to spam land. If you have time, and are interested, would you mind emailing me at stephenscas@fssd.org? Again, thank you! …Cassie

Kazz April 2, 2012 at 18:13

Adorable! Love the pinned ‘necklace’ at the top of the cardigan, gorgeous idea :)

Juliette April 3, 2012 at 07:51

Hi Casey,

Just dropping by for not other particular reason than to say I’ve been following your blog for a while now and I really like it, I always finds loads of inspiration on it!
I just recently started my own blog and I wanted to ask you which tips you would give a beginner to connect with fellow bloggers and interact with them? (I looked at your FAQ first and the answer isn’t there, this is why I’m asking in the comments!)

I really like what you do, keep on doing it no matter wwhat other people might say!

xx,

Juliette

Casey April 3, 2012 at 09:14

Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comment, Juliette!

My best advice is to find other blogs that you are truly interested in, and just begin reading and leaving relevant comments on. That’s how I started years ago, and it seems to still work as far as getting your blog out there! :) Having a Facebook fan page for your blog seems to be a popular way to go now too (though I didn’t have one of those until much more recently, and I mostly use it to keep in touch with readers and post random little bits and pieces).

Ashley April 3, 2012 at 22:39

Thank you so much for the mention, Casey! :)