weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view image sources.
Happy first day of April, friends! Despite the teasingly warm weather earlier this week, it’s characteristically cool and damp today. Which means all I want to do is curl up in a nice, cozy chair and sew! Which I shall be doing once this post is up… The Edwardian dinner I’m attending is next weekend, which means I’ve got to wrap up this project soon! (It’s coming along nicely, and hopefully I shall have an update for you all around midweek with some pretty pictures).
- These three frosting recipes (perfect for cupcakes!) look easy and yummy.
- Ashley shared some wonderful 1960s fashion and beauty inspiration this week.
- I already have a jewelry organizer made with an old picture frame, but I think I love this one made from an old window more!
- Gala brought up some good points on keeping yourself and your whereabouts safe online.
- A series of excellent Bakelite posts from Solanah: history and identification and how to polish.
- Cassie shared a scan of a fun page of 40s scarves-into-blouses how to’s, as well as her result of trying one!
- Continuing in the Bakelite vein, Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage has another great post on the retro plastic.
Hope you enjoy browsing through the links this week. It was hard to narrow them down to just a few–so many great how to’s and posts to ponder on!