weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view image sources.
Hello, dears! This weekend marks my eighth blogging anniversary! Eight years ago (actually yesterday–February fourth) I started a little blog on Live Journal chronicling my adventures in historic costuming. Things grew from there, and after a couple moves to other blogging services and a little bit of expansion of blogging topics, somehow eight years passed! However, I still feel like a new blogger most days–it’s evolved so much in the blog world in eight years–sometimes it’s hard to keep up with it all!
I know I say this fairly often, but I wanted to reiterate it: thank you all for your support, interest, emails, comments and inspiration these past years. Whether you’re new to Elegant Musings or have known me since before my LJ days on various sewing and costuming message boards, thank you for sticking around and following my ramblings. It is truly humbling to know that others do read this blog and are just as excited about some of the things I’m interested in and share. I feel like we’ve built such a great community here of inspiring, caring and helpful individuals! Thank you!
- Solanah has been posting a series on hatpins this week! Check out the history, how to wear, how to decorate your own and hat ettiquette.
- These pink and red hot chocolate recipes look yummy!
- For those that are doing costuming for Titanic themed events this spring, check out Lauren’s post of 1912-13 corsets.
- This 40s sailor outfit inspiration Quincy posted is making me eager for warm weather!
- I am completely in love with this outfit Rebecca Jean wore!
Hope y’all are having a lovely, relaxing weekend! Will be back tomorrow with a little seasonal how-to I’ve been working away at…