weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view image sources.
Hello! How has your weekend been? Doing anything creative or just enjoying a quiet couple of days to catch up on things? It’s been relatively calm and a bit lazy at times for me… Some knitting has been done, finishing up a book on the history of eating in America (Revolution at the Table: The Transformation of the American Diet by Harvey Levenstein for those interested), and lots of good conversations with the people around me. Just how a chilly January weekend should be…
- I love this gigantic collection of photos from the LIFE archives of 1940s showgirls in Florida that Johanna unearthed.
- Gertie showed some great photos of a Peggy Hunt dress sporting an illusion neckline.
- Hmm… floral applique would look very at-home on a 1/2 circle skirt, don’t you think?
- Lauren mused on the necessity of handcrafts.
- Anna shared some fun scans from a 1939 Dubarry Prevue booklet.
- This Maple Roasted Sweet Potato and Parsnips recipe looks so tasty!
- I wish my hair were long enough to do this French Braid Crown hairstyle–so pretty!
Be back tomorrow with a peek at a new sewing project!