weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view image sources.
Thank you for all your great name suggestions for my new dressform on Friday’s post! Now I just have to decide what to choose… So many appealing names!
- Lauren shared a number of tips and resources for hunting down historic fashion materials and research.
- A round up of pretty 50s dresses!
- Sunni asked: is fashion a necessity?
- Take a peek inside a gorgeous 50s Ceil Chapman evening dress.
- Charlotte offers some tips on making successful color combinations.
- I love this idea for pattern tracing using magnets and an ironing board!
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful collection of vintage summer dresses.
I’ve been working on making and fitting a dress muslin this weekend–it’s one of the dresses I showed you in last week’s pattern inspiration post (though not the popular bow dress–that one is a bit too fancy for my closet right now!). I’m really excited, though of course there are bugs that need to be worked out! So it’s back to the sewing machine for me! Hope you are having a lovely, creative weekend too!