weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view the lovely sources!
Hello! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend. Yesterday was sunny and clear; a real treat after days of rain. Although I’m rather enjoying the slightly overcast, damp days right now. It’s perfect for curling up with a good book, some soothing music and a cup of tea (or my newest “discovery”: warm milk with a bit of homemade vanilla. Yum!).
- Fleur posted a really thoughtful essay on how little touches of (vintage) glamour can boost a girl’s spirits.
- I love this adorable (and scrap-pile busting!) idea for a modern take on the 90s friendship bracelet (remember those?).
- Tasha shared a fantastic tutorial on how to create vintage-style shorts using old slacks.
- Learn how to finish the edges of a facing at a zipper opening neatly.
- Gertie has just released her first online sewing course for a 50s bombshell dress. It looks amazing from the previews!*
- Step-by-step instructions from 1950 on applying makeup.
- The new July Anthropologie catalog came in the mail this week, and the colors and pattern mixing is really catching my eye.
*I know I normally don’t direct you to services or products in my Sunday links, but I had to share this one with you. I signed up for her course as soon as I saw it, and am delighted that there is another way I can learn from and support an incredibly talented seamstress!
Be sure to check back later for a exciting project announcement. Until then, have a lovely day!