weekly inspiration

07.10.11 | weekly inspiration

weekly visual moodboard be sure to click on the image to view the lovely sources!

Hello! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend. Yesterday was sunny and clear; a real treat after days of rain. Although I’m rather enjoying the slightly overcast, damp days right now. It’s perfect for curling up with a good book, some soothing music and a cup of tea (or my newest “discovery”: warm milk with a bit of homemade vanilla. Yum!).

• Fleur posted a really thoughtful essay on how little touches of (vintage) glamour can boost a girl’s spirits.
  • I love this adorable (and scrap-pile busting!) idea for a modern take on the 90s friendship bracelet (remember those?).
  • Tasha shared a fantastic tutorial on how to create vintage-style shorts using old slacks.
  • Learn how to finish the edges of a facing at a zipper opening neatly.
  • Gertie has just released her first online sewing course for a 50s bombshell dress. It looks amazing from the previews!*
  • Step-by-step instructions from 1950 on applying makeup.
  • The new July Anthropologie catalog came in the mail this week, and the colors and pattern mixing is really catching my eye.

*I know I normally don’t direct you to services or products in my Sunday links, but I had to share this one with you. I signed up for her course as soon as I saw it, and am delighted that there is another way I can learn from and support an incredibly talented seamstress!

Be sure to check back later for a exciting project announcement. Until then, have a lovely day!

July 10, 2011 · 10 lovely thoughts
posted in links · tags:

Blanka July 10, 2011 at 08:31

One of the best “weekly inspiration” in my opinion… I love the bag on the sixth picture… and the couple also looks so cute…
These pictures you post every week makes me always happy:)
Tasha’s tutorial is also fantastic! And I love the Anthropologie shop.

Ann July 10, 2011 at 08:51

I too am swooning over the new anthropology catalog. The polka dot blouse with the floral skirt – so have to copy!

Victoria / Justice Pirate July 10, 2011 at 09:48

aww I love wedding photos like the one you featured. I’m going to look at that 50s bombshell dress tutorial now.

Amanda July 10, 2011 at 10:07

I signed up for the 50s bombshell class too! I’ve watched the first several lessons just for fun and it’s great. Gertie must be so patient to answer all those questions in the “forum” section!! And I loved the zipper/facing tutorial, so very helpful :) Happy Sunday!

Kendall July 10, 2011 at 10:31

I always end up feeling so inspired everytime I come to your blog! I love the inspirational posts. Also, props for the Star Wars ref in the previous post. Love it :P

Gertie July 10, 2011 at 11:17

Thanks so much for the link to my course, Casey! I’m thrilled that you’re taking it.

the fabled needle (jen) July 10, 2011 at 14:53

Aw, thanks for including my blouse in your inspiration board! It’s always nice to be in such good company. (You find the best images on Flickr!) :)

I love Fleur’s list and I subscribe to most of her suggestions already…and she’s totally right, you can’t feel too bad when you when you’re sporting a blossom in your hair or wearing a bright and happy vintage dress.

Rebecca July 10, 2011 at 17:23

Such wonderful inspirations! I love love love that bag in the middle row. So cute! :]

Cara July 10, 2011 at 18:54

Have you also seen the Free People catalog, its to dye for too!! thanks for sharing! I love the photos!

Laura July 12, 2011 at 02:13

What beautiful, inspirational pictures! Thanks for sharing!