please click the above image for the sources of this week’s favorite images!
The time has come for me to put up my final post for 2010. I decided this year to take the last two weeks of this year “off” from the blog so I could focus fully on spending time with my family and close friends during the holidays. I kept waffling back and forth about this for quite awhile, but I think a break and some r&r to recharge my “blogging inspiration banks” would be good for me–as much as I will miss posting. But don’t think I’ve left you all high and dry for the next two weeks! I have several guest bloggers lined up–some of my favorite gals kindly agreed to post in my absence! I hope you will enjoy their posts; I’m really excited (and completely honored!) to have them posting here.
I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for reading my ramblings this past year. The blog has grown in ways I couldn’t have imagined even a year ago, and I am very honored to have you as a reader. Even if you’ve never commented or emailed, know that I really appreciate that you stop by to read this blog! It’s been a true joy to get to know so many other gals and guys who share similar interests or even just appreciate the vintage aesthetic. Thank you for making my life richer and offering your insight and thoughts into so many things I’ve posted about! I’m really looking forward to what 2011 will bring–especially that sew-along that we’re scheming over right now!
- I am loving this beautiful, eclectic home interior over at D*S
- I love before and after comparisons, and seeing these (part 2) of the Red Velvet shop is so neat!
- Make your own vintage-style braided rickrack trim.
- Gertie rounded up resources in one post for doing bust alterations on sewing patterns.
- The in’s and out’s (and how to’s) of burn testing fabric to determine fiber content.
- Laura emailed me this week about a really interesting UK program called Ration Book Britain . Unfortunately those of us outside the UK can’t access the video, but for those who can–enjoy!!!
I’ll be back shortly after the new year with lots of new things to post about. Wishing you and yours all the brightest and most blessed of holidays and New Year!